Other awards available
Realise the dream
Realise The Dream
These awards finished in 2014 and there will be no more events, for further information please contact
What change do you want to see in the world? What can you do to help achieve it and how can we harness science and technology to get there faster?
We are looking for emerging thinkers who will be tomorrow’s doers – the people who will be tasked with solving some of the biggest issues facing the world.
We’ll help them articulate their ideas and build their confidence, so they can achieve their true potential.This unique opportunity will see New Zealand’s most promising young students come together to seek answers to some of the world’s biggest problems, supported and guided by our mentors and world-class science leaders. Whether we make baby steps or giant leaps, we’ll do it together and learn from each other.
Introducing the Powering Potential event
- Powering Potential will take place in Wellington from Monday 12 to Thursday 15 December 2016.
- Forty students Yr 12 -Yr 13 students who have a passion for science and technology and problem solving will be selected. All costs including travel, accommodation, food and activity fees are covered by the programme.
- Powering Potential will not only challenge students but will also enhance their problem solving, team building and collaboration skills.
- Students who are selected will meet and make friends with lots of other like-minded students from all over New Zealand
- Students will network with scientists about important issues they face in solving problems.
- Students will learn lots about themselves and will be encouraged and mentored to think outside the square.
- Students will have access to mentors to help them build on these skills
- Students will feel motivated towards being divergent thinkers in the future.
- Powering Potential also links in with the National Strategic Plan for Science in Society ‘A Nation of Curious Minds’ by encouraging youth into science and technology-based careers and developing entrepreneurial thinking
- For more information please visit http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/teaching-learning/powering-potential/
If you would like to know more about turning your project into a CREST Award please contact us or find out more on http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/teaching-learning/crest/