How to enter the fair
The 2018 fair is open to all year 9-13 students in the Nelson Tasman region. The prizes are huge, from an all expenses paid placement at the week long 'Hands on Science' event in Dunedin to hundreds of dollars in cash prize money!
Remember... You have to be in it, to win it!
So what would you like to know?
To help you get started we have created a student guide. It contains information on how to enter, displaying your exhibit, judging criteria, and how to write up a science or technology project.
- Discuss your project with your teacher, parent or an expert in the subject
- If necessary complete an ethics form and ask your teacher to check it
- Read and agree to the 'Conditions of Entry'
- Read and agree to the 'Competition rules
- Return the entry form and ethics forms online or snail mail
First things first: choosing a type of project. Click on the project headings below to find out more...
Science Communicator Award (sponsored by the Nelson Science Society)
Confident at speaking? Passionate about telling people about your work? Science communication is of great importance, scientists need to be able to let people know about their research. We have a specific prize for science communication. You must be willing to give a 5 min talk to a large audience about your project. This year we will be judging the Science Communicator award on Tuesday 25th September from 4-6pm at the Trafalgar Centre. .